List of Contents
The challenges posed by抗菌抗性(AMR)要求所有国家全面和协作的方法。他们必须聚集在一起解决沉默的大流行。
- Covid 19 exposed the vulnerabilities of health systems across the globe. It took away the lives of more than 3 million people since January 2020.
- Experts believe that greater destruction would be caused by AMR in the coming years. This calls for taking strong steps at the national and global levels.
What is AMR?
- The infections persist in the body, increasing the risk of spread to others.
Reasons behind the development of AMR:
- 滥用医学中的抗微生物– This happens when the proper course of medication is not done or the person indulges in self-medication.
- Inappropriate use in agriculture– Antibiotics are used to boost the productivity of livestock.
- Contamination around pharmaceutical manufacturing sites– The untreated waste releases large amounts of active antimicrobials into the environment.
- No new antimicrobial developments：在过去的三十年中，没有新的抗生素患者已经进入市场。这是他们开发和生产的激励措施不足的结果。
- 最近的一份报告从非营利尤相信傻人nd that over 95% of antibiotics in development today are from small companies.
- Easily Availability: Antimicrobials are easily available as ‘over the counter drugs’ in many countries. This ease facilitates more consumption and development of AMR.
Challenges posed by AMR development:
- Threat to the health care system:Antimicrobials prevent infections post a routine surgery or cancer treatment.他们的无效削弱了现代卫生系统。
- The problem is more grave for low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) of Asia and Africa where cheap antimicrobials have significantly reduced the mortality rates.
- 经济福特：The countries would require abundant capital to manage the AMR crisis in the future. As per an estimate, it may cost up to $100 trillion by 2050.
- Accessibility:There is a need to ensure better accessibility of antimicrobials. Globally, 5.7 million people die every year because they cannot access drugs for infections that are treatable.
- Incentivisation:The companies must be encouraged to develop new antimicrobial drugs. In this regard, a multi-sectoral $1 billion AMR Action Fund was launched in 2020 to support the development of new antibiotics.
- 明智用途：There must be appropriate and judicious use of antimicrobial drugs. Countries can learn from:
- EU-supported VALUE-Dx programme这增加了使用点诊断的使用。这导致了谨慎的药物摄入量。
- 跟踪AMR的传播: Surveillance measures to identify these organisms need to expand beyond hospitals. They should encompass livestock, wastewater, and farm run-offs.
- Similarly, countries must formulate a dedicated and holistic plan to deal with AMR like India’s National Action Plan for antimicrobial resistance.
- Global Coordination: International alignment and coordination are paramount in both policymaking and its implementation. The countries can use the Paris Agreement as a blueprint for developing asimilar global approach解决AMR。